Your Drive One device's firmware needs to be up-to-date in order to have the latest improvements and continue to run stable. Here's how to update the firmware on your Drive One.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is firmware?
- How do I update firmware?
- The update failed! How do I repair my Drive One firmware?
- Repair from another phone
What is firmware?
Firmware is the Drive One device's programming that makes it work, e.g. communicate with your smartphone and the Drive One app, warn, etc. It is therefore extremely important that it is upgraded correctly.
How do I update firmware?
Before you start updating the firmware, make 100% sure of the following:
- Your phone has over 20% battery
- You do not disconnect Bluetooth or close the app while upgrading
- The Drive One device is kept in active mode near your phone (move the device a bit if needed, to keep it active)
With the app open and Drive One connected, watch this video or read on below.
- When a new firmware upgrade is ready, you will be notified the next time you connect to Drive One.
- Click "Update" in the popup message and if you are ready to update the firmware, click "Start Firmware Update".
- It will take approximately 1-2 minutes to update the firmware while you see this image:
- If the update was successful, you will see this image (if it was not successful, see the section on repairing firmware below):
The update failed! How do I repair my Drive One firmware?
If the firmware update failed, the app will notify you. Watch the video or follow the steps below.
- Click on "Repair device":
- Then give the app some time to perform the repair:
- If the repair was successful, you will see this screen:
- If the repair failed, you will see this screen:
If the repair continues to fail (this is very rare), restart your phone and try again. If the problem persists, try from another phone (see how to do this below) or contact us.
When the repair is successful, the device will also have been updated to the latest firmware version.
Repair from another phone
Should you find yourself in a situation where your Drive One device is in repair mode and you have another phone or have uninstalled the app, you can still repair it.
If the Drive One app is not set up yet:
During setup, you will be prompted to pair with a nearby device. Let the app finish searching and you will be able to click "Connection issues". Let it search once more and you can click the repair button in the bottom right corner (then the repair will proceed as above):
If the Drive One app is already set up:
If the phone already recognises the device, the repair screen will pop up by itself (follow usual steps above).
If the app does not recognise the device:
Click Settings -> Device -> Repair button (then follow the usual steps above).
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article